Top flight associates in mental health and social care delivering service improvement
HS Consultancy Associates.
DMS, CQSW, PRINCE2 Practitioner, IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
Hári has a wide range of operational and strategic leadership experience in health and social care. He is a social worker by background with over 20 years experience. Recent projects include reviews of crisis resolution and home treatment teams; reviews of day hospitals for older people with mental health problems; develivery of a service specification and metrics for a primary care mental health liaison function and delivery of a organisational staff engagement project in a large national charity. He has undertaken national research on race equality for the Department of Health.
Hári has held a number of senior roles within social care and the NHS most recently Executive Director for Organisational Development in an inner-city Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Previous to this Hári has held roles as Director of Substance Misuse Services, Director of Social Care, Business Link Inspector in Social Services Inspectorate, Regional Implementation for National Service Framework and Head of Strategic Planning in Housing and Social Service Directorate.
Hári has worked through these roles and his publications to improve service provision for groups with protected characteristics (as defined within the Equality Act 2010). He has used his positions to advance this agenda and has earned a reputation nationally and internationally for this work.
Hári also led the Race Equality programme for the National Mental Health Development Unit up to the end of March 2011. Details here: www.mentalhealthequalities.org.uk
- Social care in mental health
- Equality and Diversity, Race Equality
- Organisational change and development
- Service users as change agents
- Cost improvement programmes
- Policy and strategy development
- Service Improvement
- Group facilitation
- Development of person centred recovery focused mental health services
- Presenting to top level audiences
- Equality and the Department of Health Consultation on Red Tape | 0 Comments
- Serbian u21s, Racism and What's Beneath the Surface in the UK | 0 Comments
- Sensationalist reporting, institutional racism and the NHS | 0 Comments
- Sharp Increase in Suicides in UK | 0 Comments
- BME Mental Health Improvement: Have we given up trying? | 0 Comments
- Unconscious Bias | 0 Comments
- Why I started the Men Against Rape campaign | 0 Comments
- What Miles David Taught Us About Course Design | 0 Comments
- Working With Ethnicity Race and Culture in Mental Health Read Online
- Leading Race Equality in Mental Health Read Online Download PDF (140kb)
- Ethnicity and Spirituality Read Online
- Black and Minority Ethnic Groups Read Online
- Leading and Learning Read Online Download PDF (70kb)
- Race, Ethnicity and Mental Health Care in "Working in Mental Health" Read Online
- Making Progress on Race Equality in Mental Health Read Online Download PDF (217kb)
- Toxic Interaction Theory: One Reason Why African Caribbean People Are Over-represented in Psychiatric Services and Potential Solutions Read Online Download PDF (674kb)
- Equality Act 2010 in Mental Health: A Guide to Implementation and Issues for Practice Read Online
- Mental Health Inequalities Facing UK Minority Ethnic Populations Read Online
- Modelling Well-being in Social Care Read Online
- Developing Mental Health Policies that Address Race and Culture Read Online
- Race in "Mad or Bad: A Critical Approach to Counselling and Forensic Psychology" Read Online
- Implementing race equality policies in British health and social care: a perspective from experience Read Online